All Channels
Popular
Approvals 10/3 ▼
-Mezzo- (4) - 5462d ago Cancel
Tachyon_Nova (2) - 5462d ago Cancel
Dash Reindeer (2) - 5462d ago Cancel
newsguy (1) - 5462d ago Cancel
djcitizend (1) - 5462d ago Cancel
20°

E3 2011: Retro Studios Co-Developing Mario Kart 3DS

GameXplain Says: "At their annual roundtable meeting, that is currently going on post show, Nintendo revealed that Retro Studios is co-developing, more specifically designing levels, for the new Mario Kart 3DS. Also Shigero Miyamoto wanted to originally call the game Super Mario Kite in reference to the kites that the karts use in during races."

Read Full Story >>
gamexplain.com
Create Report !X

Add Report

Reports

+ Updates (3)- Updates (3)

Updates

Changed from Pending to Approved
Community5462d ago
Changed: content
Eternalb5462d ago
Changed: content
Eternalb5462d ago
tunaks15462d ago

they are co-designing the levels only, think.

newsguy5462d ago

Last time I checked, designing stuff in games is also developing.

tunaks15462d ago (Edited 5462d ago )

developing encompasses more then the design, again I think they are co-designing the levels only - based on the info from the round table.

I refuse to believe a talented studio like retro is being wasted on co-designing mario kart levels.

50°

U.S. patent examiner rejects Nintendo’s summoning characters patent as obvious: non-final ruling

The rejection is non-final (and even when such rejections are labeled as “final”, the process is far from over, given that there can be, at minimum, an appeal to the Federal Circuit).

Read Full Story >>
gamesfray.com
Create Report !X

Add Report

Reports

+ Updates (2)- Updates (2)

Updates

Changed from Pending to Approved
Community49d ago
Changed: title, content, url, credit url
Christopher50d ago
Relientk7750d ago (Edited 50d ago )

Good, as they should! A game mechanic like that shouldn't be locked behind a patent, and Nintendo didn't invent it either.

PRIMORDUS49d ago (Edited 49d ago )

Nintendo wants to keep wasting money on bullshit lawsuits, real smart in this economy. They should put that money aside for other game projects. On the other hand, I don't care if they waste it all either, and they are screwed in the future maybe that will teach them a lesson.

40°

Nintendo Completes Share Repurchase and Sets Price for Secondary Offering

Nintendo completed its share repurchase and set its secondary offering price at 8,347 yen ahead of March 16 delivery.

Read Full Story >>
4scarrsgaming.com
Create Report !X

Add Report

Reports

+ Updates (1)- Updates (1)

Updates

Changed from Pending to Approved
Community72d ago
60°

Nintendo Suing U.S. Government Over Tariffs

Nintendo filed a lawsuit in the United States Court of International Trade.

Nintendo of America is suing the United States government over the sweeping tariffs President Donald Trump put in place last year, according to a complaint filed Friday in the U.S. Court of International Trade and obtained by Aftermath.

Read Full Story >>
aftermath.site
Create Report !X

Add Report

Reports

+ Updates (1)- Updates (1)

Updates

Changed from Pending to Approved
Community75d ago
Deathdeliverer75d ago

Well dayum lol. Old agent orange pissing off every industry and nation.

0hMyGandhi74d ago

The fact that you have ANY disagrees will forever baffle me. And to the (apparent) MAGA contingent that exists on this website, enjoy your 8-9 dollar gas.

AuraAbjure73d ago (Edited 73d ago )

Yes, they had better be pissed after Trump told them the way they rip off the USA is over.

EveryPlatformGamer75d ago

LOL I read this on gaff, will they refund the money back to the gamers? highly unlikely. Didn't they just raise prices and pass it onto the gamers? Only Nintendo would send out the Ninjas to the US government.

-Foxtrot74d ago

That’s what I was thinking, imagine them winning hypothetically, getting a s**t load of money back which they would have lost if they hadn’t raised their prices and it’s business as normal.

It would just mean people paid more for no reason since they got the money back anyway.

Outside_ofthe_Box74d ago (Edited 74d ago )

A lot of companies partially passed the cost to consumers instead of all of it. They would still have to at least pay that back to gamers, but we know that won't happen. What's also sad is that prices won't come back down after the initial hike caused by tariffs.

People didn't understand the full repercussions of tariffs. That alone should have cost him the presidency if people knew it was a permanent price hike for consumers

Inverno74d ago

The people should sue these companies for having to over pay cause of these tariffs.

Eonjay74d ago

Naw they should sue the government for forcing the tax to begin with. No one reasonably expects these companies to absorb the taxes. Many smaller companies tried and were shut down or faced to increase prices to try to maintain their business. The tariffs effect everyone.

Inverno73d ago

I meant it mostly as a joke cause we all know the costs of these tariffs were passed onto the consumer. But it's seems no matter how vocal we are here in the states our "representatives" don't seem to care enough to represent us. And things are about to get worse.

Killer2020UK73d ago

The companies were doing what the law required then to do, the tariffs however were illegally implemented. Usually it's criminals we punish, you seem to have different ideas 🤷‍♂️

Show all comments (18)