
Gamnesia writes: In a recent interview, Nintendo EAD General Manager Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that he is no longer in charge of hardware development. While he'll still observe the development process, he's no longer "actively participating and making decisions." Some are alarmed that the driving force behind most of Nintendo's successes is reducing his role, but Miyamoto stepping down from hardware development is actually good news for Nintendo.

The rejection is non-final (and even when such rejections are labeled as “final”, the process is far from over, given that there can be, at minimum, an appeal to the Federal Circuit).
Good, as they should! A game mechanic like that shouldn't be locked behind a patent, and Nintendo didn't invent it either.
Nintendo wants to keep wasting money on bullshit lawsuits, real smart in this economy. They should put that money aside for other game projects. On the other hand, I don't care if they waste it all either, and they are screwed in the future maybe that will teach them a lesson.

Nintendo completed its share repurchase and set its secondary offering price at 8,347 yen ahead of March 16 delivery.

Nintendo filed a lawsuit in the United States Court of International Trade.
Nintendo of America is suing the United States government over the sweeping tariffs President Donald Trump put in place last year, according to a complaint filed Friday in the U.S. Court of International Trade and obtained by Aftermath.
LOL I read this on gaff, will they refund the money back to the gamers? highly unlikely. Didn't they just raise prices and pass it onto the gamers? Only Nintendo would send out the Ninjas to the US government.
Reggie, iwata and miyamoto should step down from current position. GameCube, wii and wii u failed core gamers. People can bring up wiis hardware sales but majority of wii owners arent core gamers.
All they need is hardware competent enough to receive cheap ports (that way, games won't cost a small fortune to port over, and third parties will make a decent return). Bring back the Wave Bird; Gamecube sized controller (wired or wireless), with analogue triggers.
Online service with party chat, ''true'' account system, and an optional Virtual Console subscription service.
Not really what I want to hear, he's actually just stopping the ambition in Nintendo games nowadays.
Paper Mario Sticker Star? Intelligent said they originally wanted something similar to TTYD, but Mr. Miyamoto said no, let's make an RPG-platformer.
Pikmin 3? Let's make a mini version of the first Pikmin. While the third game is good and all, they didn't wanted to improve anything like Pikmin 2 did. That disappointed my heart. But well, at least the series is alive thanks to him.
Star Fox Zero? Let's use the same engine from the remake of Star Fox 64 for Nintendo 3DS. You gotta admit it, the game looks horrendous, not only when speaking of graphics, but the overall design is pretty bare bones. Enemies are super decent and the environments, well, they are uninspired as well.
Even then, it's good to see that he finally isn't that involved in the company.
It's not bare bones you idiot its as good as it can look considering they are trying to emulate the old look only using modern graphics ect so in the end you won't end up with something looking like XenobladeX or Zelda mate it looks the way it looks on purpose,they didn't try to make masseffect starfox and end up with what they got you do understand that don't you ? look at MassEffect 3 special edition on wiiu the graphics destroy the same game on ps3/360 and with twice the framerate/resolution so don't try and make out wiiu is a slouch in graphics because it simly is not....LegoCity still has by far the best graphics of any lego game,NFS mostwanted u has the best car physics and night time graphics still in a NFS game period and it was open world,WiiU is no slouch...
Plus people that played it say it look super slick yes the graphics but needed a little cleaning up...
sony shuld buy nintendo.. then it would be sonytendo...